Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow.

James Dean

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Well ... this is it! Am I ready?

Hello friends, family and random strangers who stumbled upon my blog. I created this blog as a venue to record my adventures and to share my experiences with all of you.



With much excitement and some trepidation I will be heading to South Korea to teach for a year. I leave in exactly 12 days and I can hardly believe it's so soon. The last few months have been a whirlwind with people to see, things to buy and visas and flights to arrange. Just today I went down to the Korean Consulate in Toronto to pick up my passport with my E2 visa, so now I can officially work in Korea.



I will be leaving Canada on February 16, flying American Airlines to Los Angelas and then Korean Airlines on to Korea. I was supposed to be flying direct but my flight was cancelled so I had no choice but to take this route. At least it's cheaper. I'll be arriving at Incheon airport at 6am and then, after all the rigmarole of customs, I will be boarding a shuttle bus to Eulgi University in Seongnam for a 10 day orientation. After 10 days I will boarding yet another bus and I will head to a final stop at my new home in the city of Daejeon.



I can't help but wonder what will happen. Will I like my apartment? Will I get on with my co-teachers and like my school? I guess I'll find out soon and promise to let you know in future blogs.

11 comments:

  1. Glad to know that you're finally on your way. Best of luck and happy that I will have the opportunity to follow your adventure. Take good care and enjoy! Norma Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it. I can't wait to read your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so exciting. I can't wait to see the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting, indeed!

    Just have to be flexible and, as one once said, "Go with the [figurative] flow." I look forward--having done something similar, eons ago--to following your experience...especially on the food/customs front.

    Si fueris Romae, Romano vivito more.

    All the best! Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like quite an adventure. I am sure you will have a great time, interesting to say the least. I'll be watching.... keith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck Cheryl.I'll be watching too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great trip Cheryl! Can't wait to hear about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, you are EN ROUTE!!

    Safe trip!!!!!!!!!!

    Let us know you got there safely, please, as soon as you can. [ But use the facilities first. :> ]

    All the best.

    (Yer Ol'Uncle) Dave

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds like you have had an interesting time of it already. have fun, enjoy the experience, I'm following you along. take care.. keith

    ReplyDelete