Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow.

James Dean

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Korea the keyless country

I am absolutely loving the fact that I don't have keys for my apartment. I think it's a fairly standard practice in Korea (although I could be wrong)but instead of having locks on your door you have a special security box with a code. So on the outside door to my building there is a secret little box attached to the door. I lift up the flap and it lights up to reveal a keypad on which I type in the secret code. It then makes some funky noise and the door unlocks. When I go upstairs to my apartment I have a similar keypad on my door and I have to type in another secret code. It's so much fun that I sometimes leave my apartment for a few minutes just so that I can come back and play with it. I never have to worry about losing my keys but I better not forget that code!!

3 comments:

  1. It seems that Americans are slow to pick up on the benefits of keyless entry. I'm not sure why. I would never go back now that I have a keyless lock on my front door! WAKE UP AMERICA!
    Take a look at my lock:
    http://www.gokeyless.com/product.php?id=150&main=2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cheryl,

    Love the way you've set up you adventure for us to view!! Hope you had a great first day and that it wasn't too overwhelming. Have a great week - Norma Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you would know about this country!

    ReplyDelete