Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow.

James Dean

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The honeymoon is over ... now reality.

I have been in Korea for just over a month and up until now I have felt like a tourist. This whole experience was like an extended holiday, an exciting and adventurous holiday, but still a holiday. Last night I came home from work to find my heating bill waiting for me. It should have been no big deal, the amount wasn't anyting exorbitant or shocking, but when I saw it reality hit home. I live here. I live in Korea. I'm not on holiday. I'm not going home in a few weeks. I still have to do the same mundane chores I did at home. I still have to pay my bills, buy my groceries, clean my apartment, do my laundry and go to work. It's time to stop being a tourist in Korea and start living in Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment