Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow.

James Dean

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Squat or sit - which do you prefer?

So, I was faced with the harsh realities of living in a new country when I ventured into the bathroom at my public school. There were only empty cubicles with a basin in the floor - yes they were squatter toilets. Now, in my many travels I have certainly used squatters before. In Africa we had many days where we didn't even have that and had to do our business behind the tent, waving the flashlight madly to scare off any animals. Still I wasn't epectting it in my school. There's something comical about wearing a dress and squatting over a whole in the floor trying not to let your skirt touch anything. I'm getting used to it though and just think how strong my leg muscles will be by the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment